02. The Problem
03. User Research
[ Stakeholder meetings, User observation, User interviews ]
- Highlighted poor visibility for manager(s), affecting tracking team performance, which in turn, has flow on repercussions with reporting to the Ministry of Social Development (MSD).
- Current tools are not agile enough to pivot with the ever-changing MSD funding models and requirements for new/existing contracts
Summarised need: Transparency / Efficiency
- Double handling of information throughout the current business tools
- Manual (by hand) administration tasks affecting security and accuracy.
- Five-year-old technologies and processes that reflect past MSD contracts and requirements are slowing workflow down considerably.
- Be in the community doing what they want/need to do and have a system that serves that
Summarised need: Efficiency
Observed Pain Points:
- Handwriting details took significant amounts of time away from the main purpose of their visit.
- Handwriting affected readability and led to mistakes which in turn could affect course progression
Summarised need: Ease of use/Security